Dental implants patients in Pasadena, Glendale and La Canada often ask us about the benefits of choosing implants over other methods of treatment. Many come under the misconception that alternatives like dentures, partials, and bridges are a more economical solution, but after learning more, they discover that, not only are implants a more healthful approach but they are often less costly over their duration. Below are some of the many benefits to consider.
Health Benefits of Dental Implants
Pasadena, Glendale, and La Canada residents can reap a number of benefits from choosing dental implants for the replacement of lost or decayed teeth, but the most important by far are those relating to health:
- Preserved Integrity of Facial Structures: When teeth are lost, their absence can cause resorption (deterioration) of the jawbone. In cases where all the teeth are missing, the lower third of the face can actually collapse without anything to preserve the bone structure. Because dental implants sit directly in your jawbone like normal teeth roots, bone resorption is prevented, keeping your vital facial structures intact.
- Restoration to Your Mouth’s Original State: With dental implants, because the entire tooth, including the root, is replaced, we are essentially replicating the function of natural teeth. Implants create a solid, strong foundation that promotes comfortable biting and chewing without adding anything to your mouth that looks or feels artificial.
- Protection of Remaining Healthy Teeth: With traditional tooth-supported bridges and partial dentures, support is required from neighboring teeth to assist in their function. Bridges require the filing down of adjacent teeth so provide room for them to be cemented on, but this damage can never heal or be undone. Partials have hooks that attach to adjacent teeth for support, but this places extra pressure on those teeth, eventually loosening them and even causing them to fall out as well. Dental implant supported crowns don’t require additional support, thus protecting the health of your remaining natural teeth.
- Simpler Oral Hygiene: As opposed to dentures that often require removal and overnight soaking to clean and tooth-supported bridges that necessitate the use of a floss threader, implant supported crowns can be brushed and flossed just like normal teeth, so you can spend more time enjoying your new teeth and less time fussing over them.
Aesthetic Benefits of Dental Implants
Knowing your mouth is in an optimum state of health feels good, but there’s nothing wrong with wanting a smile you can confidently show the world too.Pasadena, Glendale and La Canada dental implants patients of Lytle, Tate & Stamper can move forward, knowing they’ll not only be healthier but also get to enjoy these aesthetic benefits as well:
- Enhanced Quality of Life: When you think about how often you smile, speak, and eat, and how all those things suddenly become complicated with missing teeth or dentures, you can understand how much implants can improve your quality of life. With other methods of tooth replacement, you have to contend with food restrictions, messy adhesives, changes in your speech, and so on, but with implant supported crowns, all you have to worry about is living normally.
- A Smile to be Proud Of: Whether you’re missing just a single tooth or many, dental implants provide superior long-term esthetics when compared to traditional dentures and bridges. This is especially true of teeth at the front of your mouth, where the visible effects of bone resorption are most apparent.
- Improved Appearance: As if the oral health complications of bone resorption weren’t enough, the way it can alter the appearance of not only your smile but your face can be very disheartening. Even partial collapse of facial structures can cause your face to look prematurely aged, and sunken in. Dental implants prevent resorption of bone, thus preserving your facial structure, preventing the appearance of wrinkles around the mouth, and helping to maintain an attractive, well-defined jawline.
- Restored Self-Esteem and Confidence: Having a full, natural-looking smile you can be proud of can do wonders to improve your self-esteem and confidence, but think beyond that to not having to worry about the look of foreign structures in your mouth or your dentures losing adhesion at an inopportune moment. Dental implants allow you to live your life more fully without holding back.
If you’re considering dental implants to replace missing or decayed teeth, don’t delay. Call us at Lytle, Tate & Stamper today to get started down the road to a healthy smile you can be proud of.
Still not sure about dental implants?Pasadena, Glendale and La Canada patients trust Lytle, Tate & Stamper for replacement teeth they can be proud of. Call today for an appointment. La Canada – (818) 952 – 8183 Pasadena – (626) 792 – 3161 Glendale – (818) 240 – 1805