New Covid-19 Office Protocols for Social Distancing, Infection Control and Patient Screening
Our office has always followed the CDC guidelines and those provided by the American Dental Association. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking additional steps, out of an abundance of caution, to protect our patients, staff, doctors and community. Our office staff and doctors are all regularly tested and negative.
Prior to coming to our office for a consultation or a procedure ALL patients will be safely tested for Covid-19 in our parking lot in the comfort of their own car. The testing is a simple self-administered nasal swab. The results will take approximately 24-48 hours.
Social Distancing and Patient Screening
- Upon arriving to our office for a scheduled appointment, please call our office and check in from our car. You will be asked to wait in your car until the office is ready.
- When you arrive in our office, one of our assistants will take your temperature and ask you screening questions.
- All appointments are scheduled to allow extra disinfection time between patients.
- Anyone accompanying a patient will be asked to wait in the car, unless the patient is a minor. In this case, if the parent or guardian wishes to accompany the minor, they will also need to have testing done prior to entering our office.
- Only the patient will be allowed in the consultation and treatment rooms. Only exception is one parent or guardian who has been tested.
- All new patients are asked to complete registration and health history forms online to minimize the time spent in common areas of the office.
- We may utilize Virtual consultations to reduce the time patients are in the office.
- All payments will be expected prior to surgery. A payment link will be sent to you prior to your testing and/or treatment.
Infection Control and Prevention
- All instruments are sterilized in autoclave machines, similar to those used in hospitals. These machines use steam and pressure to reach and maintain a temperature high enough to kill any microorganisms and their spores.
- Before and after each patient, our assistants use bacterial and viral wipes and spray to clean all surfaces in the treatment room that were touched by the doctor, assistants or patient.
- We are using long-lasting hand sanitizer, in addition to single-use gloves with each patient.
- Our doctors and staff wear additional Personal Protective Equipment, such as N95 masks and face shields. Doctors and assistants wear new gloves and masks for every patient.
- We are treating all surfaces in the office with long-lasting antimicrobial solutions, in addition to wiping everything down in the operatories and consultation rooms with disinfectant between patients.
You will be asked basic screening questions, such as:
- Do you have a fever? Have you felt feverish in the past 14-21 days?
- Are you experiencing shortness of breath or other difficulty breathing?
- Do you have a cough?
- Do you have any other flu symptoms, such as headache, fatigue, or stomach upset?
- Have you experienced recent loss of smell or taste?
- Are you in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive patients?
- Do you have heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, or any autoimmune disorders?
- Have you traveled in the past 14 days to any region affected by COVID-19?