Our Team Approach to Dental Implants: La Canada’s Lytle, Tate and Stamper
Lytle, Tate and Stamper doctors apply dental techniques that they have developed through years of advanced training in oral and maxillofacial surgery. As a result, our patients know that they are receiving care from practiced, skilled professionals.
With our work in dental implants, La Canada patients benefit from a team approach to dentistry. Learn below how our collaborative process provides patients with the right talent at each phase of their procedure.
About Dental Implants
La Canada’s office of Lytle, Tate and Stamper can help patients replace gaps in their smile with natural-looking teeth. The dental implant process provides several benefits over other methods:
• Dental implants are a two-staged process. In the first, a post is connected to the bone of the jaw. In the second stage, a crown is attached to the post. As a result of this structure, the dental implant is more durable than alternative tooth replacements.
• Unlike dental bridges or fixed appliances, teeth adjacent to the gap experience no wear or damage due to dental implants.
• La Canada patients may be experiencing bone resorption, a process in which bone begins to deteriorate around the missing tooth. Implants help to encourage bone growth in these gaps.
Lytle, Tate and Stamper organizes dental implant surgery so that experts work together at different phases of the procedure. While other dentists may offer to handle all of these services on your behalf, our doctors feel that those most familiar with each phase should handle it. For example, we believe practiced surgeons should handle the surgery aspect of your treatment.
Before a procedure, Lytle, Tate and Stamper’s doctors analyze the patient’s needs and determine the proper dental implants, positioning, and techniques to use. We work with established medical labs to create the customized parts for your implants.
On the day of your initial procedure, our surgeons set the posts for your implants. These posts require time to take hold, heal, and become more durable. When they have reached this point, LTS teams with a restorative dentist in La Canada, who sets the crowns for your dental implants. Our doctors then review this work to ensure that the results are as expected.
Our Anesthetic Team
Depending on the needs of the patient and the doctor’s recommendation, dental implants may be performed under local anesthesia, local anesthesia with light sedation, or general anesthesia. Our staff works as a team to support patients:
• An experienced oral surgeon performs the procedure and oversees the anesthesia.
• At least two oral surgery assistants are present when conducting sedation or general anesthesia. These assistants have been certified by the California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons in sedation assistance.
• Our offices have modern operating rooms with equipment that monitors the safe delivery of anesthesia.
Get in Touch
Whether it is dental implants, jaw realignment, or wisdom teeth extraction, La Canada patients can count on Lytle, Tate and Stamper for high-quality, reliable results. Contact our office today for an initial consultation.