It’s no secret that today’s economy is tougher than it’s ever been. Particularly here in Southern California, the cost of living can be overwhelming, let alone “extras” like proper dental care. Adding in the high cost and typically low coverage of dental procedures can send many patients on a quest for bargain dental implant treatment. Pasadena, Glendale, and La Canada’s dental implant experts at Lytle, Tate & Stamper urge you to consider carefully before trusting your oral health to the lowest bidder.
If It Sounds Too Good To Be True…
You’ve probably heard the old adage a hundred times, but if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Most people openly acknowledge that not all car manufacturers, apparel brands, and food distributors offer the same quality, but the same is true of dental implant providers.
Superior implants tend to cost more, as does proper treatment planning and preparation. In the retail industry, prices are typically decreased on products that are of either inferior quality or that simply aren’t moving at regular price. It may be a different industry, but the same principles can apply to implant dentistry. Ask yourself this: “If a provider is decreasing the price of their service, why?” What aren’t you getting as part of that reduced rate?
Pitfalls of Bargain Dental Implants
Patients seeking bargain dental implant treatment in Pasadena, Glendale, and La Canada should be aware of the common pitfalls associated with cut-rate services:
- Inferior Implants: In the world of dental implants, you really do get what you pay for. Quality implants are made from quality components that come at a higher price.
- Insufficient Planning: Another way low-cost providers offer cheaper prices is to rush through the diagnostic and planning stages of treatment, often yielding a less-than-ideal outcome for the patient.
- Low-Quality Replacement Teeth: As with the implants themselves, replacement teeth are not all created equally. To cut costs, cheap fabrication labs are utilized, thus producing low quality crowns that don’t last, are ill-fitting, and function and look poorly.
- Potential Need to Redo Treatment: Even if the initial cost of so-called bargain implants is less, consider the possibility of having to redo them because of problems you encounter afterward. You’re likely to spend more in the end than you would with quality implants that were done properly the first time.
Don’t get sucked into the bidding war of lesser providers who are only interested in taking your money. Seek out quality dental implants up front and save yourself from headaches down the road.
Financial Options at Lytle, Tate & Stamper
We strive to provide one thing to our patients: the finest, leading edge dental implant treatment available. That said, we also understand that cost is a legitimate concern for many of our patients. In order to help assist in avoiding the pitfalls of bargain dental implant treatment, Pasadena, Glendale and La Canada patients can benefit from a number of financial options:
- Insurance: We accept Delta Dental, as well as many other major dental plans. Though it is common for dental insurance to exclude dental implants, many providers will cover the cost of the lowest cost alternative for care. There are also cases in which your health insurance may cover a portion of your costs, depending on your policy and the circumstances surrounding your need. We will work with you to minimize your out of pocket costs.
- Interest-free Credit: As a participant in Care Credit, a dental credit card company, after a short application, you may be eligible for interest-free credit for a period of up to 12 months to assist in paying for your implants.
- Low-interest Credit: Patients wishing to extend payments over a term longer than 12 months may also qualify for a low-interest plan through Care Credit.
If you’re in need of dental implants, don’t let cost discourage you from seeking the quality treatment you deserve. At Lytle, Tate & Stamper, we’re happy to answer all of your questions and concerns. Call us to schedule your consultation today.
Don’t be fooled by the promises of bargain dental implant treatment. Pasadena, Glendale and La Canada’s experts, Lytle, Tate & Stamper, provide quality treatment that lasts. Call to schedule your consultation today. La Canada – (818) 952 – 8183 Pasadena – (626) 792 – 3161 Glendale – (818) 240 – 1805