Dentures are a good solution to restore a smile. Over time, we may become lazy with brushing and other dental hygiene, or have had incidents where we have lost some of our teeth. This is perfectly normal, and a lot of Americans deal with these issues. Fortunately, we live in a time where dentures are available to us. In Pasadena, a lot of people have opted for dentures to fix the problem. Dentures are a great way to help fix missing teeth, improve a smile, or help with damaged teeth. Whether choosing permanent, removable or partial dentures; they will help make your smile sparkle and shine again.
Keeping Your Dentures In Great Shape
Once you receive your dentures, or even if you’ve had dentures for a while; Pasadena patients should know that there is a lot of care and maintenance that goes into this type of dental hygiene. Over time, your dentures will need special attention. Your dentures may need to be realigned, tightened, or may need to be reshaped. These are all pretty common issues that you may encounter over time and with aging. However, there are ways that you can care for your dentures to help restore their longevity. Here are a couple of tips we have for denture care:
- Keep your dentures wet. Dentures should always be soaked in water when not in use. If you don’t keep your dentures soaked, they may dry out with can cause problems later on.
- Maintain regular dental hygiene. It’s important to still brush your tongue and gums as you would regularly brush your teeth. This is an important part of your oral hygiene and requires attention.
- Clean your dentures regularly with a solution. When not cleaned properly, there can be leftover residue or deposits from food on your dentures. Using a soaking cleanser will help ensure that your dentures are clean and smelling nice.
- Handle with care. Dentures are very fragile! You want to be very careful that you don’t drop or accidentally warp them by handling them too roughly. Taking delicate care when using your dentures will go a long way.
- Schedule regular check-ups. You should see your dentist for scheduled check-ups on your dentures. Optimally you should schedule an appointment once every year. However, if you notice a problem with your dentures before that time; it’s best to see your dentist as soon as possible to fix the issue.
Lytle, Tate & Stamper Can Keep You on Track
Ultimately, we can help keep you on track with your dental care, but caring for your dentures on your own is your responsibility. Frequent appointments can help you maintain a good idea of how your dentures are regarding care and longevity. However, daily care is important as well. In Pasadena, our specialists can help with providing annual appointments for your dentures. If you have dentures, it’s important to keep an eye on them and make sure they are working properly. If there are any issues or discomfort, you should call our experts at Lytle, Tate & Stamper to schedule an appointment. During the check-up, we can carefully inspect and investigate any issues with the dentures. Give us a call today at (818) 952-9388 if you have any questions regarding your dentures. We would love to hear from you.